Zapier Action for Backendless executes an operation within your Backendless application. All available Actions correspond to an API request. All Backendless actions in Zapier accept arguments required to completion the operation. When configuring an action you must select an application (a list of apps is pulled from your Backendless account) and an API key. The application is where the action will be executed. The API key is used by Backendless to determine the user role associated with the request.
The following actions are available:
||Creates a new user account in your Backendless application. User accounts are stored in the
Users data table in the Backendless database.
- Value for the user identity column - this is the user identity (email, phone number, etc).
- You can also provide values for all other columns defined in the Users data table.
|Save New Object
||Stores a new object in the Backendless database.
- Table (select from the drop-down). This is the table where the object will be stored
- Object's property values - Zapier retrieves a list of columns/properties defined in the selected table. You can provide values for each property.
||Updates an existing object in the Backendless database.
- Table (select from the drop-down). This is the table that contains the object to be updated.
- Object to Update - must contain the value of the objectId property. You can either select an object from the drop-down list or provide a dynamic objectId value from the previous results in the same Zap.
||Deletes an existing object from the Backendless database.
- Table (select from the drop-down). This is the table that contains the object to be deleted.
- Object - must contain the value of the objectId property. You can either select an object from the drop-down list or provide a dynamic objectId value from the previous results in the same Zap.
||Sends an email generated from a Backendless email template to one or more recipients specified in the TO, CC and or BCC address lists. If the template uses templated substitution variables, the action arguments can specify the values for those.
The email addresses the message is sent to can be pulled from the users registered with the application - i.e. the user records in the
Users data table. The addresses can be set explicitly, provided through the results from the Zap's trigger or previous actions or set through the
Criteria argument which is a where clause ran against the Users table.
- Email Template - select one from the drop-down or provide a dynamic value from the previous results in the same Zap.
- Addresses - This is one or more email address used in the TO field. select an email address from the drop-down list (the selection can be repeated to select more than one email address). The list is generated from the email addresses of the registered users in the Users data table. Alternatively, an email address can be selected from the previous results in the same Zap. An alternative to specifying the value(s) for this argument is to provide a where clause in the Criteria argument.
- CC Addresses - same as the above, but for the CC field of the generated email message.
- BCC Addresses - same as the above, but for the BCC field of the generated email message.
- Criteria - a where clause which Backendless runs against the Users data table
- Template Values - one or more name/value pairs providing values for the Dynamic Text substitutions in the email template.
|Send Push Notification
||Sends a mobile push notification generated from a Backendless Push Template.
- Push Template - name of a push template to use. Select one from the drop-down or use a result from the trigger or previous actions in the same Zap.
- Template Values - one or more name/value pairs providing values for Smart Text substitutions in the push template.