Every Backendless backend includes email settings which are used any time an email must be delivered on behalf of the application. The scenarios when an email is sent are:
- Application is configured to confirm email address for user registration.
- User requests password change/recovery.
- Application uses the API to send an email or the API to send messages based on an Email Template.
The default email settings can be changed using Backendless console:
- Login to Backendless Console.
- Select an app.
- Click Manage, then scroll down to Email Settings on the App Settings screen.
- Fill out the form with the SMTP server information
- SMTP Server - Hostname or public IP address of the server where the SMTP server is running.
- Port - The port number the SMTP server accepts requests on.
- From - The Name which will appear in the From field of the sent out emails.
- User ID - The user id or email address for the SMTP server connection authentication
- Password - The password for the SMTP server connection authentication.
- Security - Choose between SSL or TLS connection.
Make sure to click Test before saving any configuration changes. The Discard button discards any unsaved changes.