A mail server must be configured in your Backendless app to enable email delivery API. Email messages sent with the Backendless Email API will be sent through your email server. If the server information is not provided, email API will return an error.
To configure your email server in a Backendless app:
- Login to Backendless Console and select an app.
- Click Manage, then scroll down to Email Settings on the App Settings screen.
- Fill out the form with the SMTP server information
- SMTP Server - Hostname or public IP address of the server where the SMTP server is running.
- Port - The port number the SMTP server accepts requests on.
- From - The Name which will appear in the From field of the sent out emails.
- User ID - The user id or email address for the SMTP server connection authentication
- Password - The password for the SMTP server connection authentication.
- Security - Choose between SSL or TLS connection.
Make sure to click Test before saving any configuration changes. The Reset button discards any unsaved changes.