We just pushed a new release to our production servers. The release includes multiple new features and a ton of improvements. Below is a summary of what went into the release. There will be a blog post with a video providing an in-depth review of each new feature:
- Pricing update– our free plannow includes more for the same great price of $0.00. Now you get:
- 5 security roles (increased from 2);
- 20 GB of file storage space (increased from 2GB);
- 1M publish/subscribe messages (increased from 200,000)
Additionally, we had to introduce a few new limits into the free plan: 200 data tables and 100,000 geopoints. Any overages for the data tables are available for $10/month per 100 extra tables. Additional geopoints are available for $5 per 100,000 geopoints per month. Keep in mind that the our free plan includes unlimited API calls and even with these limits you can build and grow a very sophisticated app with lots of users.
- Server Code – The new server-code functionality lets you write business logic which can be injected into the API invocation chain. The code can run before or after the default Backendless service logic and can modify incoming arguments in the “before” handlers and/or modify return values in the “after” handlers.
- GeoLocation Management – The Geolocation screen in the Backendless Console has been rewritten from scratch. The new interface supports two types of data navigation – table-driven or map-driven. The former let’s you see the contents of geocategories and visualize the geo points on the map. The latter, lets you use the map to see what points are available in any given “viewport”. Additionally, we added a visualization mechanism for the “search in radius” function.