We have had a very successful beta release and received a lot of positive feedback. We would like to thank everyone for your contribution which helped us make the product better than ever.
As we are preparing for the GA release of 4.0, there are changes which may affect your apps. Please see the list below:
- All Github repositories for our SDKs will be updated where the current “4.0” branches will become “master”.
- Both JS SDK and JS CodeRunner for version 4.0 will be released into NPM.
- Plan limits and billing will be turned on for Backendless 4.
- Any new app created in 4.0 after it goes GA will be on a 14 days trial for the Cloud99 plan, after that, it will switch to the free plan.
- All existing apps in 4.0 will also be switched to the Cloud99 trial. Once it runs out (14 days), the app will go to the free plan and you will need to assess if it should be upgraded to a paid plan. If the app’s usage of the backend resources exceeds the limits of the free plan, you will receive an email notification.
- We will continue running the 3.x backend. If you have an app on the free plan in 3.x you would either need to migrate to 4.0 before November 1st, 2017 or switch it to a paid plan in 3.x.
If you have any questions, please contact us on the support forum or the Slack channel.