As you develop application, the backend accumulates a lot of development-related data. This data may include test objects in your data tables, random user accounts you used to see how logins work, meaningless geopoints or files. Sometimes you just wish you could delete all the data, but keep the data structures (tables, file directories, geocategories). Backendless provides a way to do just that by the means of Application Reset.
To reset the backend for your app:
- Login to Backendless console and select an app.
- Click the Reset App button located in the upper right corner of the application home screen. The following popup will appear:
- Click the checkboxes for the types of assets you would like to delete and click the Delete button.
- Backendless runs the reset task asynchronously since some applications may contain a lot of data and take some time to be cleaned up.
- As soon as the reset operation is complete, Backendless sends an email to the application developer to inform him about it.