What is Codeless?¶
Codeless is a new and exciting alternative to creating code without a programming language. Using an intuitive user interface you express the logic for the tasks while operating with basic programming constructs such as loops, objects, variables represented by graphical blocks. A user does not need to know the syntax of a programming language or understand the lower-level programming complexities. All that is required is an understanding of the algorithm you would be composing graphically.
Consider the following example which contains a loop with 10 iterations. Each iteration of the loop saves an object in the Backendless database:
Codeless can be used for:
- Developing general purpose or specialized API Services, microservices and IoT services.
- Adding business logic to a Backendless application in the form of API Event Handlers.
- Adding logic for scheduled server-side jobs (timers) which run accordingly to a schedule.
- Implementing reusable libraries of logic.
- Learning basic and advanced programming techniques.
The Codeless system supports the entire set of the Backendless APIs. Every supported API operation is represented by a dedicated block. As a result, Codeless can be used to create complex, specialized business logic for a Backendless application. For example, the logic below retrieves an object representing a person from the Backendless database and sends an email to the email address from the object: