Creating API Service¶
- Register and login to your Backendless account at https://develop.backendless.com. Click the Business Logic icon.
- The API SERVICES section is selected by default. Click the "+" icon and select CODELESS.
TimeServiceinto the Service Name field and click SAVE. Backendless creates a service definition and wil prompt you to create the first method.
- Enter the values as shown below, specifically:
getServerTimefor Method Name,
GETfor REST Operation,
/servertimefor REST Route
Click SAVE to create the method:
- Backendless creates codeless method declaration and displays the main anchor block. Click the EDIT button to edit the method's logic:
- Backendless opens Codeless Logic Designer, which is a visual environment for creating logic for your service's method. The service appears in the BROWSER panel located on the right side of the screen. The logic is composed using "blocks". All blocks are grouped into categories, which are listed on the left side of the screen. The central area contains the root block of the
getServerTimemethod. This block cannot be removed and it will contain the logic of the method. It also contains a special
returnconnector which is used to identify the value returned from the method.
This guide does not go into a lot of details on learning blocks and composing logic. Instead it will walk you through specific steps for composing a minimalistic service logic.
SYSTEMand drag and drop the
Date Nowblock into the main (central) editing area. Snap the
Date Nowblock to the
returnconnector of the root block:
Click the DEPLOY button to deploy the logic changes. Backendless deploys the logic and confirms with a status popup in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click the CLOSE button to return to the API Services screen. At this point the service is ready for invocations.