Access to files and directories can be restricted using permissions. Backendless supports the following permissions for files and directories:
- Read - permission to download a file. This permission can be applied to a directory, in that case it applies recursively to all files contained therein.
- Write - permission to upload a file or modify a directory by uploading files into it.
- Remove - permission to delete a file or a directory.
To modify the permission matrix for a file or a directory, click the "Permissions" icon in file browser in Backendless Console:
The permission assignment popup contains two sections: USER PERMISSIONS and ROLES PERMISSIONS which allow permission management either for a specific user account or for application roles. To modify a permission for an operation for a user or a role, click the icon in the corresponding column. The icon has 3 states:
- inherit GRANT permission from the global permission matrix. This is the default permission.
- explicit GRANT of the permission for the operation. Allows the user to perform the operation.
- DENY permission for the operation. Restricts the user from performing the operation.