This may apply only to some apps, especially if your license agreement explicitly prohibits users from specific countries, or if perhaps you want to allow users only from a specific country. The feature lets you select the countries where users would not be allowed to consume the backend of your app. The feature relies on geo-decoding user’s IP address and we do our best to maintain the mapping between the IP addresses and the countries they are assigned to. If a country is selected as one where the APIs for your app should not be allowed, then any request a user from that country makes would be rejected. To configure geography-based restrictions:
- Login to Backendless console, select your app and click the Users icon.
- Click the Security and Restrictions menu.
- Start typing the name of a country to restrict access for in the Geographical Restrictions drop-down list.
- Console will show any matches using an “intelli-sense” style prompt:
- Select the countries using the corresponding checkboxes and click Apply. Any changes in the interface take immediate effect for the application.